By Michael C. Ashton
Individual adjustments and character, 3rd Edition offers a finished assessment of study on character. The ebook starts with the most techniques to the examine of character, easy ideas of character dimension, the concept that of character characteristics, and the most important dimensions of character version. additional chapters evaluate character swap and balance, organic causal mechanisms, genetic and environmental impacts and evolutionary adaptive functionality.
Personality problems are tested as are existence outcomes—such as relationships, paintings, future health, and others—that are estimated via character features. The ebook also examines vital person modifications, similar to psychological skills, vocational pursuits, non secular ideals, political attitudes and sexuality.
The 3rd version is up-to-date with new findings on age-related variations in character, on sexual orientation and character, on socially fascinating responding in character review, and at the organic and social origins of psychological skill modifications. remedies of numerous issues were streamlined, together with reliability and validity, developmental swap, genetic and environmental impacts and the constitution of psychological talents.
- Organized by means of matters in character examine instead of via theorists
- Identifies major qualities in character and explains character assessment
- Examines the effect of character on existence outcomes
- Explores developmental, genetic and evolutionary facets of personality
- Includes different mental features (abilities, pursuits, ideals and attitudes)
- Test financial institution incorporated at the teacher website
Read or Download Individual Differences and Personality PDF
Similar personalities books
This quantity presents a state of the art exposition to analyze at the self. 16 authoritative overviews spotlight the function of the self round 4 subject matters. the 1st subject matter is mind and Cognition, which incorporates a social neuroscience point of view at the self, implicit self-cognition, the constitution of the self and autobiographical reminiscence.
That includes greater than 225 straight forward handouts and worksheets, this can be a necessary source for consumers studying dialectical habit treatment (DBT) abilities, and people who deal with them. the entire handouts and worksheets mentioned in Marsha M. Linehan's DBT® talents education guide, moment version, are supplied, including short introductions to every module written expressly for consumers.
For psychologist and psychiatrist Kazimierz Dabrowski, character isn't a given – it needs to be consciously created and built by way of the person. In his moment English-language e-book, Personality-Shaping via confident Disintegration, first released in 1967, Dr. Dabrowski provides a finished remedy of character that remains correct, possibly extra so this day than whilst it was once first written.
In der intestine hundertjährigen Geschichte der Psychoanalyse standen die einzelnen Therapeuten immer wieder vor der Aufgabe, die richtigen Theorien zu vertreten, die richtigen Behandlungstechniken einzusetzen und sich dadurch für eine richtige psychoanalytische Gruppierung zu qualifizieren. Dieser Anspruch auf das Richtige wird gegenwärtig in der Psychotherapie kaum noch vertreten.
- Concepts and Controversies in Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (Series in Anxiety and Related Disorders)
- "Wäre sein Leib eine Kanone, er hätte sein Herz auf ihn geschossen." - Eine psychoanalytische Betrachtung des arabischen Selbstmordattentäters (German Edition)
- Intentions in the Experience of Meaning
- Social Lives with Other Animals: Tales of Sex, Death and Love
- Crime and Personality (Psychology Revivals)
Additional info for Individual Differences and Personality
Individual Differences and Personality by Michael C. Ashton