By Aske Olsson,Rasmus Voss
- Filled with sensible recipes that may educate you ways to exploit the main complicated positive aspects of the Git system
- Improve your productiveness through studying to paintings quicker, extra successfully, and with extra confidence
- Discover assistance and tips that may convey you whilst and the way to exploit the complex good points of Git
Starting with the Git facts version, you'll learn the way Git shops records and the way it appears to be like at commits. you'll then learn the way you could get over blunders; from committing at the mistaken department to getting better misplaced commits/files. subsequent, you can find how one can strength rebase on a few branches and use standard Git merge on different branches. additionally, you will how one can extract info from the repository.
As you move via this e-book, you'll find out how you could automate the standard Git strategies through the use of the hook process equipped into Git. The e-book additionally covers complex repository administration, together with diversified strategies to rewrite the heritage of a Git repository. ultimately, you will find how one can paintings offline with Git, how you can tune what's going behind the curtain, and the way to exploit the stash for various purposes.
What you are going to learn
- Understand the Git facts version and the way you could navigate the database with basic commands
- Learn how one can get better misplaced commits/files
- Discover how one can strength rebase on a few branches and use normal Git merge on different branches
- Extract metadata from a Git repository
- Familiarize your self with Git notes
- Discover how one can paintings offline with Git
- Debug with Git and use a variety of innovations to discover the defective commit
About the Authors
Aske Olsson has labored for Nokia for six years, the place he used to be one of many top forces in the back of complicated device transformation and renewal initiatives. between them was once a large adoption of Git SCM, Gerrit Code evaluate, and Jenkins CI. at present, Aske works at Schantz, a firm constructing complicated IT ideas for the monetary quarter. He develops and continues their non-stop supply pipeline.
Rasmus Voss makes a speciality of non-stop integration, software program liberating, and method automation. His massive wisdom on those components has been equipped via a 10-year occupation in Nokia cell phones in Copenhagen, Denmark and Beijing, China, the place he began optimizing autotesting for the sequence 30 platform. this day, Rasmus has his personal corporation VossCon, the place he consults with businesses on easy methods to utilize builders and testers by way of optimizing software program freeing, supplying visibility within the supply chain, upgrading the device chain, automating tedious tactics, and coaching builders. He additionally holds classes on Git, Gerrit, and Jenkins.
Table of Contents
- Navigating Git
- Branching, Merging, and Options
- Rebase frequently and Interactively, and different Use Cases
- Storing more information on your Repository
- Extracting info from the Repository
- Enhancing Your day-by-day paintings with Git Hooks, Aliases, and Scripts
- Recovering from Mistakes
- Repository Maintenance
- Patching and Offline Sharing
- Git Plumbing and Attributes
- Tips and Tricks
Read or Download Git Version Control Cookbook - 90 Recipes to Transform your Development Workflow and Boost Productivity PDF
Similar information technology books
Authored by way of an the world over famous professional within the box, this well timed booklet provide you with an authoritative and transparent advisor to the ISO/IEC 27000 safeguard criteria and their implementation. The e-book addresses the entire serious info safeguard administration matters it's good to comprehend to aid shield your corporation s worthy resources, together with facing company dangers and governance and compliance.
This booklet is a realistic real-world educational protecting every little thing you must learn about Amazon SimpleDB. you are going to encounter examples in 3 languages: Java, personal home page, and Python. This booklet is aimed toward remodeling you from a newbie to a complicated developer. while you are a developer eager to construct scalable web-based database purposes utilizing SimpleDB, then this ebook is for you.
This can be the legit CHFI (Computer Hacking Forensics Investigator) examine advisor for pros learning for the forensics assessments and for pros desiring the talents to spot an intruder's footprints and correctly assemble the required facts to prosecute. The EC-Council deals certification for moral hacking and laptop forensics.
Skript aus dem Jahr 2007 im Fachbereich Informatik - Technische Informatik, notice: keine, , Veranstaltung: Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum (DKFZ), Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Das Skript der Radiologie entstand im Rahmen der Grundlagenarbeit für die Dissertation des Autors im Fachgebiet der Medizinischen Informatik.
- Project Management in Extreme Situations: Lessons from Polar Expeditions, Military and Rescue Operations, and Wilderness Exploration (Leading Works from the French School of Management)
- Selenium Webdriver in VB.Net
- Safety Assessment of Transgenic Organisms, Volume 4: OECD Consensus Documents (DEVELOPPEMENT I)
- Information Technology: An Introduction for Today’s Digital World
- Vulnerability Management
- IBM DataPower Handbook Volume II: DataPower Networking
Extra info for Git Version Control Cookbook - 90 Recipes to Transform your Development Workflow and Boost Productivity
Git Version Control Cookbook - 90 Recipes to Transform your Development Workflow and Boost Productivity by Aske Olsson,Rasmus Voss