By Henry R. Hermann
Dominance and Aggression in people and different Animals: the nice video game of Life examines human nature and the effect of evolution, genetics, chemistry, nurture, and the sociopolitical surroundings as a manner of realizing how and why people behave in competitive and dominant ways. The e-book walks us via aggression in different social species, compares and contrasts human habit to different animals, after which explores particular human behaviors like bullying, abuse, territoriality homicide, and war. The booklet examines either person and crew aggression in numerous environments together with paintings, institution, and the home. It explores universal stressors triggering competitive behaviors, and the way person personalities might be at risk of, or immune to, those stressors. The publication closes with an exploration of the cumulative effect of human aggression and dominance at the common world.
- Reviews the impression of evolution, genetics, biochemistry, and nurture on aggression
- Explores aggression in a number of species, together with bugs, fish, reptiles, birds, and mammals
- Compares human and animal competitive and dominant behavior
- Examines bullying, abuse, territoriality, homicide, and war
- Includes nonaggressive habit in monitors of admire and tolerance
- Highlights aggression triggers from medicines to stress
- Discusses person and staff habit, together with organisations and nations
- Probes dominance and aggression in faith and politics
- Translates the influence of human habit through the years at the typical world
Read or Download Dominance and Aggression in Humans and Other Animals: The Great Game of Life PDF
Similar personalities books
This quantity offers a state of the art exposition to investigate at the self. 16 authoritative overviews spotlight the function of the self round 4 issues. the 1st topic is mind and Cognition, which incorporates a social neuroscience viewpoint at the self, implicit self-cognition, the constitution of the self and autobiographical reminiscence.
That includes greater than 225 hassle-free handouts and worksheets, this can be a vital source for consumers studying dialectical habit remedy (DBT) abilities, and those that deal with them. the entire handouts and worksheets mentioned in Marsha M. Linehan's DBT® talents education guide, moment version, are supplied, including short introductions to every module written expressly for consumers.
For psychologist and psychiatrist Kazimierz Dabrowski, character isn't really a given – it has to be consciously created and constructed through the person. In his moment English-language booklet, Personality-Shaping via confident Disintegration, first released in 1967, Dr. Dabrowski provides a complete therapy of character that continues to be proper, probably extra so this day than while it was once first written.
In der intestine hundertjährigen Geschichte der Psychoanalyse standen die einzelnen Therapeuten immer wieder vor der Aufgabe, die richtigen Theorien zu vertreten, die richtigen Behandlungstechniken einzusetzen und sich dadurch für eine richtige psychoanalytische Gruppierung zu qualifizieren. Dieser Anspruch auf das Richtige wird gegenwärtig in der Psychotherapie kaum noch vertreten.
- Stereotypes and Stereotyping
- GABALs großer Methodenkoffer: Persönlichkeitsentwicklung (Whitebooks) (German Edition)
- Resilience for Today: Gaining Strength from Adversity (Contemporary Psychology (Praeger))
- Entwicklung der Geschlechtsrolle (German Edition)
Extra info for Dominance and Aggression in Humans and Other Animals: The Great Game of Life
Dominance and Aggression in Humans and Other Animals: The Great Game of Life by Henry R. Hermann