By Xiao-Tian Liang,Wei-Shuo Fang
Medicinal Chemistry of Bioactive traditional items presents a much-needed survey of bioactive traditional items and their purposes in medicinal chemistry. This finished reference gains articles through the various world's prime scientists within the box on discovery, constitution elucidation, and chic artificial strategies--developed for normal products--with an emphasis at the constitution job courting of bioactive usual items. the subjects were conscientiously selected at the foundation of relevance to present examine and to significance as clinicially invaluable agents.
instead of trying to be a complete encyclopedia of bioactive usual items, Medicinal Chemistry of Bioactive traditional items courses the reader to the foremost advancements within the box. by way of offering not just useful aspect yet a old point of view at the chemistry and biology of the compounds into consideration, the ebook serves as a convenient source for researchers of their personal paintings constructing prescribed drugs, and as an inspiring advent for younger scientists to the dynamic box of bioactive common items research.
superior by way of examples with up to date learn effects, the dialogue covers such subject matters as:
* The chemistry and biology of epothilones
* Vancomycin and different glycopeptide antibiotic derivates
* Antitumor and different similar actions of Taxol and its analogs
* The antimalarial homes of the conventional chinese language drugs, Quinghaosu (artemisinin)
* Huperzine A: A typical drug for the therapy of Alzheimer's disease
* The medicinal chemistry of ginkgolides from Ginkgo biloba
* contemporary development in Calophyllum coumarins as effective anti-HIV agents
* Plant-derived anti-HIV brokers and analogs
* Chemical synthesis of annonaceous acetogenins and their structurally converted mimics