Bradenton Area Family Vacation
Show Description: On this how to Do florida one hour Special Edition Chad takes his family to the greater Bradenton Area for a family vacation. During their stay the Crawford family will explore the county and many activities it has to offer.
Where: Bradenton Area, on Florida’s Gulf Coast
How Much: House rentals average $2,000-$3,500 per week depending on size and location.
What you’ll need: Most vacation rental homes come with everything you need, like cooking wear, sheets, pillows, etc. You’ll need food, drink and beach toys
Resource Links: Information about the area: Bradenton Area InformationAnna Maria Vacations Things to Do: South Florida Museum, Dakin Dairy FarmsCortez Historic Fishing Village, Gamble Plantation, De Soto National Memorial Park, BeachHorses and TreeUmph!, Activity Rentals and Charters: Hackney Marine, Blenker Boatworks, Beach Bums and AMI Watersports, Dining: The Donut Experiment, Shake Pit, Anna Maria Oyster Bar, Riverhouse Reef & Grill and Mar Vista Dockside, Shopping: The Shiny Fish Emporium, Anna Maria General Store and Flip Flop & Candy Shop.
Florida Cooking: Stone Crab Claws & Caviar
Yield 2 Servings
- 3 pounds stone crab claws, medium sized
- 1 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 5 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 4 Key limes (or two regular limes), juiced
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Crack claws using a wooden hammer or a seafood cracker; remove shell and movable pincer leaving meat attached to the remaining pincer.
- Set aside and keep refrigerated until use.
- In a small bowl combine the mayo, Dijon and lime juice.
- Taste the mustard sauce and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Serve stone crab claws with the mustard sauce.