Click here for a printable recipe
Chef Eric from Flip Flops restaurant in New Smryna Beach showed us how to fry shrimp using a panko breading. If you like your fried shrimp extra crispy, you will love this.
- 2 dozen shrimp (16-20 per lb.).
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 tablespoons of Lawry’s Season Salt
- 1 tablespoon of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of Old Bay seasoning
- 3-4 cups of panko bread crumbs
- 5 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of milk to be blended with eggs
- Blend in flour, salt, pepper, and Old Bay
- Lightly dust shrimp thoroughly with #1 (dry coating)
- Holding tail, dip shrimp into egg/milk mixture, (wet coating) keeping tail dry
- Thoroughly coat shrimp in panko, gently pressing bread crumbs to shrimp
- Fry in oil @ 375 degrees until golden brown